Since the baby decided to go beyond his due date, a scheduled induction was set for Thursday July 29th. We arrived anxiously at the hospital, to find that I was having pretty consistent contractions (which I was not feeling). Dr. Hagnell decided to give my labor a bit of a boost. We started the induction by 10:15am and by 12:45, I had my epidural. Dr. Hagnell was to stop by the hospital to break my water on her lunch. When she arrived, my water broke on its own and everything was happening one step ahead of what the Dr. was planning on "inducing"... I thought to myself, this is just happening too easy. Then.... all of a sudden the babys heart tones dropped and there was a mad panic. I turned to see Dr. Hagnell at the door in scrubs with a look I never want to see again on her face. She said, "the OR is booked, lets get her down there-STAT!" Words that made me instantly begin to panic! They carted me down running, with Dan by my side, but when it came time to go into the OR, Dan was not allowed. I was so worried about my precious little baby! The only thing I remember is that there were what seemed to be 12 people around me taping, washing, masking, etc... I heard "you will feel your right arm burn" which it did and take 3 deep breaths... I only got to one.
Dan said it was about 10 mins from when they took me into the OR until the time they let him come in to meet our precious baby boy. He unfortunately had to see me opened up and heard, "She lost a lot of blood". He was worried about me, but hopefully it didn't ruin his first moments with out "Little Man". He was able to hold him and go with to do the Apgar scores, etc...
An hour and a half later, I was woken up in the OR, with the best words I have ever heard..." Julie, you have a beautiful healthy little boy!" My first words were, "What did Dan name him?". The nurses weren't sure, but it was only a couple more mins before I got to go up to my room and be wheeled in to see my wonderful husband, with the most incredible smile, holding our little miracle.
We instantly decided on the name GRIFFIN JOHN REYNOLDS. It fit him perfectly... Seeing my beautiful little boys face for the first time is a moment I will always treasure. He was perfect.
We stayed at the hospital until Sunday, because I had 15 staples and was very nauseous for the first few days. Little man Griffin was doing great! It was an unbelievable experience to walk into the doors at home and introduce Lovie to her new "brother".
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment